February 10, 2011
- What's Going On?
- Welcome, New Subscribers!
- NEW Business Directory
- GIVEAWAY--Tickets to Madagascar Live!
- OXO Tot Recipe Contest
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Making the Most Out of Valentine's Day
- Valentine's Recipes
- Valentine Pops Edible Craft!
- Valentine's Day Snack Mix
- Not Your Average Valentine
- Kid-created Valentine's Space
- Cupid’s Garland
- “Love Potion” Jars
- Date Night: Valentine's Day
- Help a Publisher Mom
- Cycle for Survival Raises $8 Million
- Brookfield Zoo Offers Free Admission
- Area Museum FREE Days 2011
- Kids Eat FREE or Cheap!
- Let's Meet!
You will need:
- Lollipop sticks (6 inch pictured here)
- Almond Bark in your desired flavor or color
- Sprinkles or jimmies
- Large marshmallows in your preferred flavor or color OR you can also use valentine Peeps
- Cardboard box (recycled cereal box works great) with small poked holes or styrofoam to 'dry' the pops upright
- Plastic wrap
- Decorative ribbon
1. Melt the Almond Bark according to package directions
2. Insert stick into marshmallow
3. Dip marshmallow into chocolate, rotating it and gently scraping off any excess chocolate as you remove it from the bowl
4. Place stick upright in pre-poked holes in cardboard box or styrofoam
5. Add sprinkles while chocolate is still wet
6. Repeat until you have the quantity you want
7. Once the chocolate sets and hardens, place in treat bag or as shown here, cover with a small amount of plastic wrap, fastening with ribbon.
(Option: you can use a hole punch to make a hole in your Valentine and slide it onto stick before fastening with ribbon.)
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC