Warm weather is here and it is time to get outside and play! Located 20 miles southwest of downtown Chicago, The Forge: Lemont Quarries is the perfect destination for a full day of family fun! With the country's largest ropes challenge courses for kids and adults, dining, laser tag, lakes to kayak on, and miles of flat hiking, running, and biking trails to explore, the possibilities for outdoor fun are endless at The Forge. Some of the highlights you should check out for yourself include:
- Two Towers Adventure Kids Zone, where kids ages 3 to 13 are welcome to climb more than 12 feet in the safety-netted structures and challenge themselves on more than 30 fun elements including climbing nets, balance beams, ziplines and more. Chaperones must participate with minors, but no pass required
- Tactical Laser Tag and AR Adventure Games are also available to book for kids 5 to 6 and up.
- Paddlesports - a variety of boats are available for rental in 40 minute time blocks. Kayaks, canoes, and pedal boats are ready for your family & friends to enjoy
- BMX and Mountain Biking at The Forge features the coolest skills course and pump track, perfect for new and experienced riders alike. Rent one of our bikes or bring your own and build your skills! No age requirements but training wheels are not allowed
- The Foundry is the perfect spot to take a break, enjoy a beverage such as a local craft beer or canned cocktail and meal or snack including salads, sandwiches and more!
For those searching for extreme adventure, be sure to check out the epic Eight Towers Adventure at The Forge: Lemont Quarries! The Eight Towers Adventure is the largest aerial challenge course in the world and is the showpiece of The Forge: Lemont Quarries. At the center of the 10-acre adventure course are 5 stand-alone "Hex Towers", interconnected by 2 miles of ziplines, multiple rappelling stations, and 299 high ropes course elements spread across 15 aerial adventure trails. The Hex Towers are connected to the three tallest Ropes Course towers in the United States: East X Tower, West X Tower, and Skyscraper Tower!
Macaroni Kid Chicago has just the prize to help you find your family fun and adventure at The Forge! Just click on the link above to get started.
*Must be a subscriber to Macaroni Kid Chicago to be eligible to win. One winner will be selected by random draw and announced on June 20th. Click HERE for full contest rules.