We take creativity and fun seriously! Your child will be exploring in a wide range of materials including drawing, painting, clay, fibers, performance, wearables, and animation—and will have ample opportunities to take advantage of Chicago in the summer—from visiting the Art Institute galleries and gardens to enjoying Millennium Park. Enroll for one of our one- and two-week sessions or signup for multiple weeks Camps are grouped by ages 4–5, 6–7, and 8–9. Campers work together on a variety of fun projects and experience the joys of making art with old and new friends. Projects include painting, drawing, mixed-media, sculpture, printmaking, performance, digital art, and more. Campers enroll for the morning, afternoon, or both* (all day) with no duplication of projects. Each 1- and 2-week camp will have a new and exciting theme, so students can enroll in multiple sessions.
WHAT MAKES OUR CAMPS SPECIAL:
• Each summer, we select a theme and structure projects and exploration around that idea. Our youngest creators are learning and researching concepts, bringing their points of view to life through the projects they make. And, be ready, they make A LOT of work!!!
• Get ready for your child to take YOU on a tour of the Art Institute of Chicago. Campers visit our museum nearly every day to explore its treasures and find inspiration.
• Chicago in the summer is a perfect place for kids. We take full advantage of the outdoor spaces adjacent to campus because keeping active and engaging with the world fuels imagination.
• Our faculty are not only amazing mentors and teachers but have robust artistic practices themselves.
• Safety is always our top priority – each class has two instructors and two classroom assistants allowing for a 4 to 1 student-to-adult ratio.