June 27, 2012
June 27, 2012
- Letter From The Editor
- Welcome, New Subscribers!
- REVIEW & GIVEAWAY: Lucky Lil' Darlings
- Mac Kid Day at *play Welcomes Multilingual Chicago
- Fit By Forty: Update
- 4th of July DIY T-Shirts
- Red, White & Blue Potato Salad
- Safe Sparklers
- Stuffed Strawberries
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Area Museum FREE Days 2012
- Have A Service You'd Like Featured?
- Chicago Area Story Times
- Kids Eat FREE or Cheap!
Celebrate with a Red, White & Blue treat!
By: Heather Wirtz, Macaroni Kid EATS!
With just a few ingredients, you can make this simple and festive dessert.
Whipped Topping, thawed**
Blue Sugar - optional
Red Edible Glitter - optional
Large Star Tip
1. Wash, dry and hull/hollow out strawberries. You will also have to slice a very small piece off the bottom of each strawberry, so it will sit flat on a plate.
2. Wash and dry blueberries.
3. Prepare piping bag with star tip and fill with whipped topping.
4. Fill each strawberry with whipped topping and top with a blueberry.
5. Sprinkle with blue sugar and red glitter (optional).
6. Arrange on a serving plate and enjoy immediately!
**instead of whipped topping you could use whipped cream cheese, cheese cake filling, whipped cream or mousse.
Find more great recipes at Macaroni Kid EATS!
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC